Barret Traditional Middle School and the Jefferson County Public Schools believe that all student athletes should be successful in the classroom. Therefore, all students who participate in school-sponsored activities must remain academically eligible according to Barret and district guidelines.
Barret TMS eligibility:
- Pass all subjects with a “C” or better
- All conduct grades will be “S” or “NI.” Any “U” in conduct will warrant an automatic three (3) week suspension from all activities.
Students scoring below the academic standards:
- Will be placed on a three (3) week probationary period during which time they may practice and participate.
- Will not be permitted to practice or participate after the three (3) week probationary period if still below the standard.
- Will be encouraged to attend any available after school tutoring. When students have achieved the academic standards, they are placed on the regular progress report check.
- Will be permitted one (1) probationary period per semester.