Barret Traditional Middle School and the Jefferson County Public Schools believe that all student athletes should be successful in the classroom. Therefore, all students who participate in school-sponsored activities must remain academically eligible according to Barret and district guidelines.
Barret TMS eligibility:
- Pass all subjects with a “C” or better
- All conduct grades will be “S” or “NI.” Any “U” in conduct will warrant an automatic three (3) week suspension from all activities.
Students scoring below the academic standards:
- Will be placed on a three (3) week probationary period during which time they may practice and participate.
- Will not be permitted to practice or participate after the three (3) week probationary period if still below the standard.
- Will be encouraged to attend any available after school tutoring. When students have achieved the academic standards, they are placed on the regular progress report check.
- Will be permitted one (1) probationary period per semester.
Answer: We use the same grades you see on student/parent portal to determine eligibility. This allows both the school, student and family the ability to ensure that we are accurately making progress towards success in the classroom. Grades are calculated in accordance with KHSAA guidelines and are cumulative (meaning they are an average of the entire year)